1. This is Guangbiao Chen, Chinese tycoon and philanthropist who most recently attempted (unsuccessfully) to buy The New York Times.
2. And this is the English business card he hands out to foreign clients and correspondents. It details his illustrious titles and accomplishments.
Business Insider reporter Adam Taylor shared this incredible card after he personally received one from Chen.
3. This is not the first time the wealthy philanthropist has been modest or quiet about his accomplishments.
Chen has proudly touted the title of “China’s best philanthropist’ in the past and says he totally deserves it.
5. But as much “good” as he has done, the Chinese public has always been highly skeptical of his intentions.
And for good reason. In 2010, Chen boasted his donation of 1 million yuan for Haiti relief efforts to an organization that actually didn’t exist.
6. Looks like Chen doesn’t quite live up to the “Most Influential Person of China,” “China Moral Leader,” and/or the “Most Well-Known and Beloved Chinese Role Model” :/
And let’s not forget “China’s Foremost.” Whatever that may mean.