2. “But wait. You don’t have the accent!”
Along with a lot of other Bostonians, FYI.
3. “I don’t know how you deal with all those blizzards and freezing temperatures!”
We were born for this!
4. “Well, I’m sure the summer temperatures are fine.”
6. “The Pats had a rough season, huh?”
7. “Peyton Manning is a better quarterback than Tom Brady.”
Did you even watch the Super Bowl?
8. “Why does everything close so early? Where I’m from, clubs and bars don’t close until at least 4 AM!”
Cool story, bro.
9. “Why are there so many rotaries and roundabouts??”
10. “It’s nearly impossible to drive around here.”
If you knew how to drive you wouldn’t be complaining, TBH.
13. “Have you ever seen Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, or Mark Wahlberg before?”
Yes, actually, I have. Because they just love to frolic around Beantown, carefree, like the rest of us.
14. “There aren’t any cool landmarks here.”
What, does Fenway Park not ring a bell?
15. “New York City is better.”
I dare you. I double dog dare you. I TRIPLE dog dare you!
16. “Sucks that your public transit stops running at 1 AM.”
17. “Are you from ‘Boston-Boston’ or ‘Boston’?”
(i.e. “Are you really from Boston or are you from the outskirts?”)
18. And “Boston is TOO small.”
Well, you DO have the option of exploring another city. But Boston is the best, so why would you?